This council collaborates with the pastor coordinator to provide the long-range vision and plan to guide our parish towards a sustainable future.
- To facilitate a process by which the mission of the parish is determined and to serve as stewards of that mission.
- To implement the mission by engaging in pastoral planning, which includes assessing parish needs, identifying resources, and determining priorities.
- To collaborate with the finance council to maintain appropriate stewardship in implementing the mission of the parish
Responsibilities of the Council
1. To listen to and represent the wisdom of parishioners and parish staff as part of the planning process.
2. To determine priorities and develop a plan for both implementing and evaluating them.
3. To develop goals and objectives which further the mission of the parish.
4. To evaluate regularly the goals and objectives of the council and of its subgroups.
5. To recommend policies which are supportive of the mission of the parish.
6. To call forth the gifts of individuals and groups/committees in the parish to carry out its mission.
7. To cooperate with neighboring parishes in regional planning for the future of the Church in the local area.
8. To collaborate with the stewardship committee to conduct a parish census periodically.
Ellen Sheckler, Chair
Dan Pavlovich, Vice-Chair
Ex-Officio: Dennis Donovan, Finance Council Chair
Ex-Officio: Jeff Hadley, IC School Board Chair